- Introduction: Why selling sports tickets can be profitable
- Finding the right market: Who is willing to pay top dollar for tickets?
- Researching the competition: How much are other sellers charging?
- Setting your prices: How to find the perfect price point
- Promoting your tickets: How to get the word out
- Fulfilling orders: How to get the tickets to buyers
- Getting paid: How to receive payment for your tickets
- Avoiding scams: How to protect yourself from fraud
- 10 Tips for selling sports tickets successfully
- Conclusion: Why selling sports tickets is a great way to make money
There are many ways to make money from sports tickets. You can sell them online, at the stadium, or even to a scalper.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why selling sports tickets can be profitable
The sports industry is a multi-billion dollar industry, and tickets are a big part of that. Many people love attending sporting events, but sometimes it can be difficult to get tickets, especially for popular games. That’s where ticket sellers come in.
Selling tickets can be a great way to make money, especially if you know how to maximize your profits. In this guide, we’ll give you some tips on how to make money selling sports tickets. With a little bit of effort, you can become a successful ticket seller and make some serious profits.
Finding the right market: Who is willing to pay top dollar for tickets?
It is no secret that some sports fans are willing to pay top dollar for tickets to see their favorite team or player in action. But how does one go about finding these fans and getting them to part with their hard-earned cash?
The first step is to understand who is willing to pay the most for tickets. Generally speaking, the two groups of people who are willing to pay the most for tickets are:
-Diehard fans who will pay anything to see their team play.
-People who are looking to profit from reselling the tickets.
Of course, there are other factors that come into play, such as the location of the seats, the demand for the game, and so on. But in general, these are the two groups of people who are willing to pay top dollar for tickets.
The next step is to find out where these fans congregate. There are a few places you can look:
-Online forums: There are many online forums dedicated to specific sports teams. These forums are a great place to find fans who are willing to pay top dollar for tickets.
-Ticket resale websites: Websites like StubHub and Vivid Seats allow people to buy and sell tickets. These websites are a great place to find people who are looking to profit from reselling tickets.
-Ticket brokers: Ticket brokers specialize in buying and selling tickets. They usually have access to a lot of information about ticket prices and can help you find people who are willing to pay top dollar for tickets.
Researching the competition: How much are other sellers charging?
When researching the competition, it is important to find out how much other sellers are charging for their sports tickets. This will give you an idea of how much you can expect to make from selling your tickets. You can use sites like eBay and StubHub to research ticket prices.
Setting your prices: How to find the perfect price point
pricing your tickets can be a tricky balancing act. You want to make sure you’re getting a good return on your investment, but you also don’t want to price yourself out of the market. So how do you find the perfect price point?
There are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration:
– The face value of the ticket: This is the “sticker price” and is usually set by the team or venue. Depending on the event, tickets can range from $10 to $1000+.
– The secondary market value: This is what tickets are selling for on websites like StubHub or SeatGeek. This value can be higher or lower than the face value, depending on demand.
– The cost of the ticket: This includes fees like processing and shipping, as well as any taxes that may be applicable.
– Your time investment: How much time will it take you to list and sell the ticket? If it’s a big event, you may need to hire staff to help with customer service, etc.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you can start pricing your tickets. If you’re listing them on a website like StubHub, they have a handy tool that will give you an estimate of what your tickets should sell for. Or, you can use a pricing formula like this one:
(Face value + Shipping + Taxes + Fees) x (Listing fee) x (Percentage fee) = Price to list ticket at
For example, let’s say you have a ticket to see Taylor Swift that has a face value of $100. You’re being charged a 10% listing fee and a 15% final value fee. Your shipping and taxes come to $15, and you’re not being charged any additional fees. Using the formula above, your calculation would look like this:
($100 + $15) x .10 x .15 = $19.50
This means you would list your ticket at $119.50 in order to make a profit. Of course, you’ll also need to factor in how much time it will take you to list and sell the ticket, as well as any other costs associated with doing business (like marketing). But once you have a handle on all of that, setting prices should be fairly straightforward!
Promoting your tickets: How to get the word out
There are a few ways to get the word out there that you have sports tickets available for sale. One popular method is to post them on online classifieds websites, such as Craigslist or eBay. You can also promote your tickets on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. And of course, you can always tell your friends and family about your tickets!
Fulfilling orders: How to get the tickets to buyers
The easiest way to get the tickets to buyers is to print them out at home using a printer and then mail them to the buyers. This option is great if you don’t live near the venue or if you want to save on ticket fees.
Another option is to use an online ticket service, such as StubHub or Ticketmaster. With these services, you can print out the tickets at home or have them emailed to the buyer. The advantage of using an online ticket service is that you can reach a larger audience, but the downside is that you will have to pay a service fee.
You can also sell tickets in person at the venue on the day of the event. This is a good option if you live near the venue and don’t mind standing in line. However, it’s important to note that most venues only allow people to enter with tickets that were purchased from their box office. So, if you plan on selling tickets at the venue, make sure to buy them from the box office first.
Getting paid: How to receive payment for your tickets
There are a few different ways that you can get paid for the tickets that you sell. The most common method is through PayPal, which is an online payment system that is safe and secure. You will need to create a PayPal account in order to receive payment, but this is easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
Another way to get paid is through Western Union, which is a bit more complicated than PayPal but can still be done relatively easily. You will need to set up a Western Union account and then provide the buyer with your account information so they can send you the money.
Finally, you can also get paid in person if the buyer is local. This is usually the easiest method, as you can simply exchange the tickets for cash. However, it is important to be cautious when meeting someone in person, as there is always the potential for fraud or other criminal activity.
Avoiding scams: How to protect yourself from fraud
There are a few things you can do to protect yourself from fraud when selling sports tickets:
-Only sell tickets through reputable websites or ticket brokers.
-Don’t sell tickets outside of your home country.
-Be aware of common scams, such as fake tickets or “ticket flipping” schemes.
-Only accept payment through secure methods, such as PayPal or a credit card.
-Never give out your personal information to someone you don’t know.
If you follow these simple tips, you’ll be much less likely to become a victim of fraud.
10 Tips for selling sports tickets successfully
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to selling sports tickets, but there are some tried and true methods that can help you move tickets quickly and at a profit. Here are 10 tips for selling sports tickets successfully:
1. Research the ticket market for your team or league. Know what the “going rate” is for tickets so you can price your tickets accordingly.
2. Use social media to reach potential buyers. Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are great ways to reach potential customers who might be interested in purchasing tickets.
3. Get creative with your marketing efforts. Be sure to use eye-catching visuals and language that will make potential buyers want to learn more about your offer.
4. Use online ticket-selling platforms. Websites like StubHub and SeatGeek offer convenient ways for buyers to purchase tickets online from sellers like you.
5. Consider packaging deals with other local businesses. For example, if you’re selling tickets to a baseball game, consider partnering with a nearby restaurant or bar to offer discounts to ticket holders on food and drinks before or after the game.
6. Offer discounts or promotions on bulk purchases. If someone is interested in buying multiple tickets, offer them a discount off the total purchase price.
7 Selling sports tickets can be a challenge, but if you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to doing it successfully!
Conclusion: Why selling sports tickets is a great way to make money
Selling sports tickets is a great way to make money for a number of reasons. First, it is a product that people are always interested in buying, no matter the economy. Second, sports fans are usually very loyal to their teams, meaning they will continue to buy tickets even when prices go up. Third, selling sports tickets can be a very fun and exciting way to make money. Finally, it is a great way to network with other people who are interested in sports.