If you’re like me, you’re probably sick of getting notifications from CBS Sports every time a game changes or there’s a new update. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to turn them off.
Checkout this video:
How to disable notifications on your computer
Learn how to disable CBS Sports notifications on your computer. If you are not interested in the scores or news, you can disable the notifications. This will stop the CBS Sports app from sending you notifications.
For Windows 10 users
If you’re using a Microsoft Windows 10 computer, you can manage your notifications in the Action Center. Here’s how:
1. Click the icon in the taskbar to open the Action Center.
2. Scroll down to find the app you want to disable notifications for.
3. Click the app’s slider button to turn off notifications.
For Mac users
To disable notifications on your computer for Mac users, please follow the steps below:
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down menu, select “System Preferences.”
3. Click “Notifications.”
4. Select the app for which you want to disable notifications in the left pane.
5. In the right pane, uncheck the box next to “Allow Notifications.”
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each app for which you want to disable notifications.
How to disable notifications on your mobile device
Sports notifications can be a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest scores and news, but they can also be a major annoyance. If you’re getting too many notifications from CBS Sports, you can adjust your notification settings to disable them completely or only receive notifications for certain types of events. Here’s how to do it.
For Android users
If you’re an Android user, you can disable notifications in three simple steps.
First, open the CBS Sports App and tap the three-bar icon in the top left corner of the screen.
Second, scroll down and tap “Settings.”
Third, tap “Notifications” and then toggle off the switch next to “Enabled.”
For iPhone and iPad users
To disable notifications on your Apple device, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap Notifications.
3. Scroll down to find the CBS Sports app and tap it.
4. Tap the switch next to Allow Notifications to turn it off.
How to disable notifications in your web browser
You can disable notifications in your web browser so that you will not be bothered by unwanted notifications. To disable notifications in your web browser, follow the instructions below.
For Google Chrome users
To disable notifications in your web browser, please follow the steps below:
1. Open Chrome.
2. In the upper-right corner of the screen, click the three vertical dots icon.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
5. Under “Permissions,” click Notifications.
6. To the right of the website where you want to disable notifications, click More > Block > Done.
For Firefox users
If you’re a Firefox user, you can turn off notifications in your web browser by doing the following:
1. Type “about:config” into the address bar.
2. Scroll down to the “dom.webnotifications.enabled” setting and double-click it to toggle it to “false”.
For Microsoft Edge users
To disable notifications in Microsoft Edge, click the menu button in the top-right corner of the browser window and choose “Settings.” Under the “Advanced settings” heading, click on the “Manage privacy and security settings” link. In the next window, scroll down to the “Notifications” section and turn off the toggle switch next to “Show notifications on the lock screen.”
How to disable notifications for specific CBS Sports content
There are a couple different ways that you can disable notifications for CBS Sports content. If you want to disable notifications for a specific type of content, you can do so by going into the settings for that type of content. For example, if you want to disable notifications for scores, you would go into the scores settings and turn off the notifications.
For CBS Sports Fantasy content
How to Turn Off Cbs Sports Notifications:
If you’re not interested in receiving notifications for certain CBS Sports Fantasy content, you can disable notifications for the following:
Scores: Open the “Settings” menu within the app, then select “Notifications.” From here, tap on “Scores” and toggle off the types of games you don’t want notifications for.
Breaking news: Open the “Settings” menu within the app, then select “Notifications.” From here, tap on “Breaking News” and toggle off the types of news stories you don’t want notifications for.
You can also disable all notifications from CBS Sports Fantasy by toggling off the “Allow Notifications” switch in the “Settings” menu.
For CBS Sports HQ content
Open the CBS Sports app on your device
Tap the hamburger menu in the top left-hand corner
Under “CBS Sports HQ”, toggle off the following notifications: